Saturday 27 October 2012

Kwik by name, kwik by nature


Pattern: Kwik Sew 3758
Fabric: Navy cotton jersey and stripe cotton from Mason's
Size: M


I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love Kwik Sew! They're so not like the other big pattern companies. The pattern paper is sturdy, the instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the sizes are actually accurate.

I wanted something that was easy to throw on, but looked pretty and like I'd made an effort so I thought this would be just right. From cutting out to finishing I reckon it took no more than 5 hours and there was nothing confusing or scary along the way.

It's basically a t-shirt attached to a skirt with some elastic at the waist. And a really nice belt to create the high-waist look and the bow. And it has pockets. Yay!



I'm so pleased with my choice of fabrics as I think it's fun and a bit retro. I couldn't decide whether to do vertical or horizontal stripes but I think a lot of clothes come with horizontal, so I would make this different.
There are some ripples around the shoulders so I need to have a think about why that happened for next time, but otherwise I'm really pleased with it.

Not much more to say, really, other than everyone should have one in all colours under the sun.

Check out the luscious autumn day!
Looking strangely wide and rather windswept

No comments:

Post a Comment